I was not quite sure once again how everything would come together in this moment... Should I go back to work... Should I have another child... Is it time to pursue certain dreams... Where do I give my time and energies too... What does this year look for me?
The quest of discovery has been so real... So many questions and so much to figure out. (Do you hear the drama in my voice??? So. Much. Drama. Lol)
Maybe, like me, you've found yourself being consumed and caught up by your future, and how things will work together, and really, the fear of making the wrong choice. If you're anything like me, sometimes I try to figure it out on my own. I'll pull out the journal, the budgets, whatever I need in the moment to come up with a plan of execution.
Now, if you've lived long enough, you'll know that sometimes that isn't always the solution. Most times, it's all a matter of trusting God. Especially when there are things outside of your control, and especially when you're in the dark about what's ahead.
It's all apart of learning to trust God, in which I certainly have not mastered completely.
When we operate in the position of trying to control those things we don't have control over, that's where the frustration comes... A state of mind where stress, anxiety, fears, worry and all bad things dwell. A place the Lord has not designed us to take residence at.
I'm thankful we do not have to do this alone, and that Jesus is not only cheering us on but helping us along the journey.
What a relief.
In my journey, I've done my best to continually let go of the things I have no control over, and in the moment of trusting and waiting, what I really want is nothing more but to give it to God and trust that He'll put it together.
In the process, I wrote down a few statements that have been a guide for me to remember what I believe, so that my thoughts and attitude would be filled with faith.
If you've ever had to make a big decision. If you've ever felt pressure about whether you should turn right or turn left. If you've ever wondered about the future. This is for you...
Here they are, faith statements...
If I really trust God then:
• I do not have to force things in my life : as I remember that no one or nothing can prevent the perfect will of God from happening in my life.
• I do not have to fight for a spot in life : I trust that as I'm faithful to God and all He's put in front of me, I'll never miss a beat with Him.
• I'm okay with His "No's" or "Wait's" : as I trust in His perfect timings.
• I can rest, I can laugh and I can enjoy my right now : because I know and I trust in His absolute love for my life.
• I trust in your leadership, where you're leading me and how you lead me
• I trust in your love for me, that you would never do anything to hurt or harm me
• I trust that you're in charge of my life, that no one and nothing can stop your will in my life
• I trust that if something is suppose to happen - you will make it happen. If it doesn't happen - you have something better for me.
Wherever you're at in your journey, may this help and encourage you along the way as it has me.
If you have any statements you use, I would love to hear them! Leave a comment below.