Believe me when I say, I love desserts. I can, and almost do, eat some kind of treat every night after Winston goes to bed. I'm a total cookie, pastry, and cake lover to the max. Besides my love for pastries, I do eat pretty healthy but it's come throughout the years of educating myself.
One love I must share is Whole30. The Whole30 challenge comes from a book, It Starts With Food. If you are looking to do some sort of kick start to help redirect your eating patterns, I totally recommend doing this challenge (read more here). I decided to do Whole30 challenge a year ago mainly to cut out sugar, but I instantly fell in love with its disciplines and the recipes. I felt so great doing it and have done another round since.
Although Whole30 is a challenge that lasts 30 days, hence the name, I still eat most meals based off the plan because I like it. It's close to a paleo diet. Here are some recipes that I love, whether you are attempting to do Whole30, or just looking for some great healthy paleo recipes, you should try these three...
1. Sweet Potato Turkey Burgers - I also add avocado mixed with salsa, and grilled onions on the burger.
2. Taco Salad
- One Pound of ground beef plus taco seasoning
- Greens of your choice - I prefer Romaine for this one.
- Three sweet potatoes - chopped up, mix with coconut oil and salt, and bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 2 tomatoes - chopped
- 2 avocado mixed with half a cup of salsa
- Grilled onions
3. Baked Chicken with veggies - the easiest meal to cook!
- Whole Organic Air Cooled Chicken (Whole Food has the best quality)- season with coconut or olive oil, salt, and fresh herbs : rosemary, sage, thyme. Bake at 425 for 1.5 hours.
- Broil veggies at highest degree for 10 minutes. Season with olive oil or coconut oil and salt. My favorites are broccoli, asparagus, and Brussels sprouts.
- Cauliflower rice - chop up really fine, use olive oil or coconut oil with salt, stove top on medium for 10 minutes.
These recipes have been inspired by other who have done Whole30. I've since modified and added to my own personal touch.
Happy Cooking Friends!